- Prepares one meal a day, Tuesday through Friday.
- Prepares salad bar and serves Saturday meal.
- Washes, dries and puts away all dishes generated by their work.
- Assists in maintaining cleanliness of all areas of the kitchen and bathroom.
- Handles leftovers.
- Revises and updates recipes as needed.
- Responsible to follow organization’s policies and established processes.
- Other position-related tasks as assigned.
- Physical stamina, including ability to lift up to 25 pounds, work a full shift on one’s feet and maintain physical activity throughout the course of each shift.
- Fluent in the English language.
- Basic math skills.
- A background in food service and/or food preparation as well as knowledge of vegetarian cooking.
- Creativity and experience in preparing and presenting a wide variety of foods from small, household-quantity portions to large commercial quantities.
- Ability to work harmoniously and safely with others in a restricted workspace.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize.
- Ability to perform responsibilities in a manner that meets SRF standards.
- Ability to function well in a multi-task environment.
- Ability to maintain a strict level of confidentiality.
- High school graduate preferred and/or 5 years of hands on experience.
- ServSafe Food Handling Certificate required, refresher course every 3 years.
- Punctual and reliable – must be able to work Saturdays unless unforeseen illness or planned and approved vacation.
The hours for the position are Tuesday thru Saturday 8:00 am to 2:30 pm. In order to be considered for the position, you must be available to work Saturdays. Local candidates only please. No reimbursement for relocation costs offered for this position.
Please e-mail your resume and salary requirements to Heidi Zavala at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also reply via fax to (323) 276-5623.