Salad and Food Prep
We are seeking a full-time Temp Salad and Food Prep for our Kitchen in Encinitas. This position is 5 days (Friday through Tuesday), 40 hours per week. Training will be provided. In order to be considered for the position, you must be available to work weekends.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience with large quantity food preparation or restaurant experience.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision after training.
- Must be able to perform responsibilities in a manner that meets organization’s standards.
- Ability to be flexible.
- Must work well with different personalities in close proximity and be able to communicate and treat others in a respectful and appropriate manner.
- Ability to follow directions accurately including quantity food preparation techniques.
- Must be able to operate standard quantity food service equipment and commercial food equipment as instructed in accordance with safety guidelines and protocols.
- Basic math skills required.
- Must be able to lift and transport up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time while prepping food, cleaning and cooking/baking.
- Food Handler’s Certificate preferred. Training provided so that this may be obtained, if other required knowledge, skills and abilities are present.
- Must be able to read, write and communicate fluently in English.
- A minimum of 4 years of high school or the equivalent skills.
- Preparation of a variety of entrées, soups, salads, vegetables, breakfast foods, juices, fruits, breads and desserts.
- The ability to calculate measurements used in cooking and performing large-scale quantity cooking.
- Ability to follow recipes.
- Handle all commercial food equipment as instructed in accordance with safety guidelines and protocols.
- Responsible to keep immediate work area clean and orderly.
- Preparation of all food within SERVSAFE guidelines.
- Responsible to follow SRF’s policies and established processes.
- Other position related tasks as assigned.
Local candidates only please. No reimbursement for relocation costs offered for this position. Please e-mail your resume and salary requirements to email@example.com. You may also reply via fax to (323) 276-5623.