- Organizes and maintains reference materials.
- Works under the supervision of Counseling Area supervisors in assessing and assigning work to monastic counselors and others.
- High level interaction with members, non-students, and monastics, which require the ability to assess situations and respond appropriately.
- Write memos to counselors containing guidance as researched in the teachings, reference materials, and internet, or new guidance given by Counseling Area supervisors, and other areas.
- Makes phone calls to members regarding simple business matters, as needed.
- Schedules counseling appointments in English, preferably Spanish or Portuguese, and schedules interpreters to help with calls, as needed.
- Researches phone numbers, calculating and recording relevant details, keeping accurate records of appointments made and coordinating/updating calendar schedules for phone counselors.
- Receives incoming calls and e-mails from devotees requesting counseling. Fields these calls and schedules with appropriate counselor.
- Bi-lingual preferred (especially Spanish and Portuguese)
- Ability to maintain strictest level of confidentiality.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent command of the English language, word usage, grammar, punctuation and spelling.
- Attention to detail, excellent organizational skills and the ability to effectively prioritize.
- Ability to learn quickly, accept corrective feedback, adapt, and retain detailed information.
- Ability to work independently and maintain focus with minimum supervision, and at times work well as part of a team.
- Ability to work well with time constraints and deadlines.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs desired.
- Excellent telephone skills, including the ability to remain calm and exhibit a friendly and professional approach.
- Must be flexible and amenable when dealing with a variety of personalities.
- Ability to follow appropriate guidelines when dealing with a variety of counseling requests.
- Knowledge and experience with SRF principles and standards.
Local candidates only please. No reimbursement for relocation costs offered for this position.
We offer a competitive benefits package that includes paid vacation and sick time as well as group medical, dental and vision plans, voluntary plans for life insurance, retirement and AFLAC, and a company sponsored disability plan. Please visit our website at www.yogananda-srf.org for more information about our organization, our mission and our facilities.
Please e-mail your resume and salary requirements to Heidi Zavala at email@example.com. You may also reply via fax to (323) 276-5623.