- Analyze legacy systems and evaluate how they can be replaced or integrated with new systems.
- Research off-the-shelf products that may be appropriately selected for user needs.
- Participate in build vs. buy decisions and assist the Information Systems Manager in project planning.
- Assist the IT Infrastructure Architect in developing the architecture of new systems including data modeling, system integration and determining dependencies.
- Design mock-up web pages for proposed systems and review them with functional users.
- Explain design and functional specifications to offshore developers.
- Develop web applications according to specs.
- Work with the offshore team to ensure that developed applications are in line with specs and architecture guidelines.
- Test developed systems and participate in user acceptance testing.
- Support new web applications and handle end user training and support questions.
- Analyze issues and determine solutions.
- Implement needed changes or assign them to the offshore developer.
- Responsible to follow SRF's policies and established processes.
- Other position-related tasks as assigned.
- Solid technical background and ability to stay current with new technology.
- Programming skills to develop web applications using ASP.NET and SQL Server.
- Problem-solving skills to debug issues with complex systems.
- Basic administration skills related to IIS 6.0, SQL Server 2005 or higher, and Windows Server.
- Three plus years ASP.NET 2.0 or higher required.
- Three plus years VB.NET or C# required.
- Experience with HTML, CSS required.
- Experience with SQL Server Data Warehouse technologies including Integrations (SSIS), Analytical and Reporting (SSRS) services, ASP. NET MVC, WECF, CRM Dynamics and Silverlight preferred.
- The ability to articulate, develop and document specs in a comprehensible format for offshore resources.
- Excellent communication skills required.
- The ability to understand end users' requirements and explain technology concepts.
- The ability to represent SRF adequately when dealing with the public.
- The ability to be a team player and a willingness to work in a small IT Department in which everyone is responsible for multiple roles.
- Knowledge of and experience with SRF principles and standards.
- The ability to function well in a multi-task environment.
- The ability to honor and maintain a strict level of confidentiality.
This is a 40 hour per week position, Monday through Friday.
Local candidates only please. No reimbursement for relocation costs offered for this position.
Please email your resume and salary requirements to Dennis Furger at email@example.com. You may also reply via fax to (323) 660-6010. No phone calls please.