- Perform the repair and service work of a plumber, electrician, carpenter and painter, as assigned in accordance with established safety procedures and verbal instructions.
- Perform appliance and equipment repair.
- Test, inspect and maintain fire and security systems.
- Install cement forms, reinforcement, calculate quantities and finish concrete.
- Determine quantity of flooring material needed, prep floors, order materials and schedule or perform installation.
- Weld with Arc, MIG or Ox/Acy to make minor or structural repairs.
- Utilize computer systems and programs as required.
- Requisition new supplies and equipment.
- Estimate time required and material costs involved with various projects.
- Responsible to follow SRF's policies and established processes.
- Other position-related tasks, as assigned.
- Must be experienced and knowledgeable in plumbing and electrical work, demonstrating and performing skills at an intermediate or advanced level.
- Experience in, and ability to perform any of the following skills a plus — heating and air conditioning, carpentry, painting, appliance and equipment repair, concrete and block work, flooring, locksmithing and welding.
- Good dexterity, agility and concentration needed to perform detail work with one's hands.
- Knowledge and skills required to use and maintain a variety of hand and power tools.
- Ingenuity and creativity a plus.
- Analytical and logical thinking, including deductive reasoning.
- Competent, capable and conscientious, with a positive attitude.
- Must be well organized and detail-oriented.
- Desire and ability to be trained in new areas and retain required knowledge.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Fluent in the English language, both written and verbal.
- A working knowledge of tools, hardware and building materials highly beneficial.
- Overall computer proficiency and a knowledge of Microsoft Office programs desired.
- The ability to problem-solve and address questions, while working under minimal supervision.
- The ability to perform all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- The ability to represent SRF adequately when dealing with the public.
- The ability to clearly understand and follow any direction or instruction provided.
- The ability to work in small crawl spaces and attics and lift up to 75 lbs.
- The ability to function well in a multi-task environment.
- The ability to honor and maintain a strict level of confidentiality.
This is a 40 hour per week position, Monday thru Friday.
Local candidates only please. No reimbursement for relocation costs offered for this position.
Please email your resume and salary requirements to Dennis Furger at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also reply via fax to (323) 660-6010. No phone calls please.