- Distributes and assigns tasks to volunteers throughout the week
- Provides instruction and evaluation of quality of work
- Performs research as required with professionals regarding Hollywood Temple landscape design.
- Discusses and plans the landscape with the Minister, Lay Disciple Council and Ashram Administrator.
- Distributes and assigns tasks to volunteers throughout the week, providing instruction and evaluation of quality of work.
- Maintains Garden Shop and all equipment and tools.
- Plans and installs new irrigation systems to conserve water.
- Plants, fertilizes and irrigates.
- Mows lawns, prunes plants and keeps grounds clean.
- Notices, reports and eliminates safety hazards.
- Purchases necessary supplies.
- Drives SRF vehicles as needed, within the scope of employment.
- Responsible to follow SRF’s policies and established processes.
- Other position-related tasks as assigned.
- A minimum of 2 years grounds keeping experience.
- Prior supervisory experience and the ability to partner well with others, toward the accomplishment of goals.
- A general foundation of working with plants and grounds.
- The ability to work professionally, harmoniously and respectfully with all monastics, employees, volunteers and vendors who may be associated with our organization.
- Proficiency with the English language required, due to the amount of verbal communication with others.
- The ability to maintain appropriate responsibility with the level of access granted to our grounds, equipment and property.
This is a 40 hour per week position, Monday through Friday.
Local candidates only please. No reimbursement for relocation costs offered for this position.
Please email your resume and salary requirements to Dennis Furger at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also reply via fax to (323) 660-6010. No phone calls please.