We are seeking a full-time Salad and Food Prep Cook for our Kitchen in Encinitas. The position is 4 days, 32 hours per week. Training will be provided. In order to be considered for the position, you must be available to work weekends.
- Preparation of entrées, soups, sides, salads vegetables, breakfast foods, juices, fruits, breads and desserts.
- The ability to calculate measurements used in cooking and performing large-scale quantity cooking.
- Handle all commercial food equipment as instructed in accordance with food safety guidelines.
- Must be focused and able to keep work station clean and orderly.
- Preparation of all food within SERVSAFE guidelines.
- Responsible to follow the organization's established policies and procedures.
- Responsible to follow SRF's policies and established processes.
- Other position related tasks as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience with large quantity food preparation, or restaurant experience.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Must be flexible and work well with others.
- Ability to follow directions accurately including quantity food preparation techniques.
- Ability to operate standard quantity food service equipment.
- Must be able to lift and transport 30 pounds
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Food Handler’s Certificate preferred but will provide training to obtain.
- Must be able to read, write and communicate fluently in English.
- A minimum of 4 years of high school or the equivalent skills.
- Basic math skills required.
Local candidates only please. No reimbursement for relocation costs offered for this position.
Please e-mail your resume and salary requirements to Heidi Zavala at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also reply via fax to (323) 276-5623.